- 2 lbs grass fed ground beef (can substitute ground turkey or chicken)
- 1 large can organic diced tomatoes (I hand blend mine cause I don't like chunks)
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 can of brown beans in tomato sauce
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup of sliced white mushrooms
- chili powder
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Brown your ground beef in dutch oven pot.
- While its browning - sprinkle the meat with 2-3 tsps. of chili powder. I find this really gets the chili flavor into the meat.
- Add onions, mushrooms and peppers and continue to cook until meat is thoroughly browned and vegetables have softened.
- Stir in tomatoes and beans
- Add another 1-2 tsps. of chili powder, 1 tsp of cumin and a sprinkle of chili flakes.
- Simmer for at least 30 minutes before serving.